Leghorns or Cornish?

linsey

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014

I was afraid of that. Can I still get eggs out of these?

Yes, they can lay eggs any chicken can. :) Though most Cornish Xs (if that's what they are) grow quickly and their hearts may grow too big for their bodies. They can live short but good lives if you don't over feed them though. I am seeing 1 rooster in your Cornish Xs, you could post more pictures if you want to know their sex.:D

Yes, they can lay eggs any chicken can. :) Though most Cornish Xs (if that's what they are) grow quickly and their hearts may grow too big for their bodies. They can live short but good lives if you don't over feed them though. I am seeing 1 rooster in your Cornish Xs, you could post more pictures if you want to know their sex.:D

I did some reading up on them. A lot of them don't make it to laying because of their fast growth. Their hearts give out, like you said. Such a big disappointment because I've grown to like them. VERY friendly. They free range from morning until dark, and only get a few handfuls of feed when coming in and out of the coop. Hopefully that will keep them from getting too big!

I think I have two or three out of the six are roosters. I'll take more pics tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom