Leghorns

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BantyHugger, Jun 10, 2010.

1. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Does anyone show white leghorns? I have accidentally gotten 2 Roosters and i dont really want to eat them. Im trying to find another use or value for my boys. They are very sweet. If you do show them please post some pics. i hope to get some pics of mine in the morning.
    thanks

2. joza2210

joza2210 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Sorry But I Can Help You With The White Leghorns But This Year I Am Showing My Brown Rooster...

[​IMG]

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I have two white leghorns that turned out to be cockerels. I think they are very handsome, but I have no idea if they're show quality or not. I'm not even sure what a good standard is.

I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes. As it stands now, my two roosters will be eaten soon unless it turns out they're exceptionally beautiful.

4. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Wow thats a handsome roo Joza.
    Maybe more than a show quality description - just a common traits and characteristic description would be nice. However eventually one will be eatten and one will remain to breed with my standard hens so i need some way to decipher a better Leghorn.
    Thanks - Mariah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by