Legislation to improve lives of egg laying hens

Drugs are not really "cheap to make" unless you don't count the research and testing required before they are allowed for sale -- but they wouldn't be available if not for that long and expensive series of steps, so the sale price must generate enough money to recoup that investment.

smile.png

not sure if these are cheap to make, guess not.....but do wonder about the mark up and profits.

1. my chemo pill 3 weeks supply $ 5000.00

2, pills i took when on chemo infussion before, so i didn't throw up....3 pill $ 750.00....3 small pills only purpose to keep me from getting sick...oh took 3 every 2 weeks for 6 months =36 pills at cost $ 9,000.00

I wonder who the mark up goes to? My new vet has just charged me £28 for a months supply of heart meds for my dog. My old vet charged £85 for exactly the same prescription. Someone seems to be profiteering here.

I can relate to that one. My wife called the vet she liked to remove a recessed testicle that was missed when a cow we bought as a steer was missed. The vet wanted around 500 dollars to do a farm call and "operate". I called a vet that we had used on our horse farm as a kid. His farm call was 25.00 and 35.00 to do the "operation" that took about 5 minutes. And another one, there is a pet hospital called Dove Lewis in Portland, a woman had her horses taken and her daughters guinea pig by the Animal Control during a raid. The sheriff took the guinea pig to Dove Lewis for shelter, they treated the guinea pig for a skin condition... the bill was over 2,000.00 I seen the bill. Thankfully they were not set up to board horses. Talk about profit, I am in the wrong business. The woman was found not guilty by the way and the taxpayers payed the bills.

We have several medicines that are 4.00 at Walmart and you can always get the generic brands for about 1/2 off.

Last edited:
that $5,000 price is from wal mart and kroger...be nice to know what their mark up is even if 20 % thats a $1,000 to receive and repackage every 3 week.for what 15 min of work...heck they don't even stock them(see why)

I Know drugs have patents and they are good for only so long. When they run out they are picked up by the generic companies and then they are cheaper. I bet your meds are cheap to make but the FDA has allowed a monopoly on them and protects them from copy so the company can basically charge whatever the insurance company will pay which is really how they price drugs anyways.

THe other factor is most if not all drugs are available to the poor or those with no insurance through federal social programs, my father recieved an inhaler that was about 600.00 a bottle for free because he was poor. My sister is a pharmacy tech and turned him on to this program.

that $5,000 price is from wal mart and kroger...be nice to know what their mark up is even if 20 % thats a $1,000 to receive and repackage every 3 week.for what 15 min of work...heck they don't even stock them(see why)

Last edited:
i may need to check into that...i have to pay 20% now until i reach my out of pocket limit...I was shock when i fill my first chemo pills....my part 1,000 for 3 week.....was some double checking by every one , one girl say my insurance wasn't paying much...reason i know total cost ,she check 4,000..she said well guess they are...lol

That is a terrible price to have to pay for such important treatment. I think these drug companies are racketeers!

$2,000 for a guinea pig skin "treatment"?! That's so bogus it would be funny if it weren't so very wrong. There is no way they can justify or prove that they did anything worth 2000 bucks on a freakin' rodent. And if the owner did not give consent, then it's hard to believe that the clinic had a right to collect. It really looks like they knew the public was going to pay, so they took advantage. Disgusting if that's what went down.

I can relate to that one. My wife called the vet she liked to remove a recessed testicle that was missed when a cow we bought as a steer was missed. The vet wanted around 500 dollars to do a farm call and "operate". I called a vet that we had used on our horse farm as a kid. His farm call was 25.00 and 35.00 to do the "operation" that took about 5 minutes. And another one, there is a pet hospital called Dove Lewis in Portland, a woman had her horses taken and her daughters guinea pig by the Animal Control during a raid. The sheriff took the guinea pig to Dove Lewis for shelter, they treated the guinea pig for a skin condition... the bill was over 2,000.00 I seen the bill. Thankfully they were not set up to board horses. Talk about profit, I am in the wrong business. The woman was found not guilty by the way and the taxpayers payed the bills.

We have several medicines that are 4.00 at Walmart and you can always get the generic brands for about 1/2 off.

A lot of the cost of drugs in the US is for insurance coverage. When you see those ads on TV looking for people to sue the drug companies, that is where that money is going, to cover those liabilities. In the end, the lawyers win out.

For what it is worth, I can cross the border and get my meds in Mexico for a fraction of what they cost in the US. They don't have the personal injury lawyers that we do.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom