Legs/feet?

Plsnyder4

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2023
I have a scalped chicken living in a crate in a bathroom while she heals. She did have another pullet with her, they're buddies, but yesterday there were pulled feathers off her friend and her head wound had been pecked. So I took the friend back to my son's coop, figuring one unhappy chicken was better than two.
This morning the wounded chicken was flopped and wouldn't move. Thought she was depressed, but now I think she has foot/leg issues. I'm new to this and don't know what to look for to treat.

Pictures sometimes can help, and a video uploaded to YouTube or similar site with a link here is even better. Can she reach food and water? A chicken sling chair sometimes is good for a lame chicken while you are treating or trying to diagnose a problem. Occasionally a chicken that is having trouble walking can seem weird to others, and they will attack them. Also she might have a head injury or got hurt in the latest scuffle. Here is some info and pics of chickens slings:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

My son gave her some supplements. Her food and water are within reach but she's floppy all over now. He'll bring a sling in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom