Lemon cuckoo Silkies

need help please.
I have a cuckoo rooster and cuckoo hen.

My question is can I make lemon cuckoo by pairing any of these with any other colour silkies.
No, you can't get lemon cuckoo by breeding lemon cuckoo to a different colored silkie.
Where'd you get your cuckoo Silkies? I need some for a crele silkie project I wanna do.

need help please.
I have a cuckoo rooster and cuckoo hen.

My question is can I make lemon cuckoo by pairing any of these with any other colour silkies.
I wonder if you can get lemon cuckoo by breeding your cuckoo to a buff? I would try first breeding the cuckoo female with a buff rooster which *should* give sex linked chicks, males having white spots on their head and ultimately barred, (MAYBE lemon cuckoo??). Lemon cuckoo is not one of project colors I have studied. Two folks who know their genetics are @The Moonshiner and @nicalandia, maybe they can shed some light on your question! :fl

Where'd you get your cuckoo Silkies? I need some for a crele silkie project I wanna do.
The OP is in Australia but in the US, I got some from Bobbi Porto in Florida... http://www.indigoegg.us/

Best wishes on your chicken adventures! :wee

I wonder if you can get lemon cuckoo by breeding your cuckoo to a buff? I would try first breeding the cuckoo female with a buff rooster which *should* give sex linked chicks, males having white spots on their head and ultimately barred, (MAYBE lemon cuckoo??). Lemon cuckoo is not one of project colors I have studied. Two folks who know their genetics are @The Moonshiner and @nicalandia, maybe they can shed some light on your question! :fl

The OP is in Australia but in the US, I got some from Bobbi Porto in Florida... http://www.indigoegg.us/

Best wishes on your chicken adventures! :wee
Thanks for the link. I didn't realize the OP was in a different country.

When you say you have a "cuckoo rooster and cuckoo hen." I assume you mean just cuckoo (black and white) not lemon cuckoo?
Yes you can breed cuckoo to buff and get lemon cuckoo but not in one generation.
Let me know if I got it right with the "cuckoo" and I can explain how to go about it. It won't be a short ride though.

When you say you have a "cuckoo rooster and cuckoo hen." I assume you mean just cuckoo (black and white) not lemon cuckoo?
Yes you can breed cuckoo to buff and get lemon cuckoo but not in one generation.
Let me know if I got it right with the "cuckoo" and I can explain how to go about it. It won't be a short ride though.

I would love if you would share with me your knowledge on how to get lemon cuckoo. I have 4 black and white cuckoo silkies(2 roosters and 2 hens) . And 1 Buff hen. I put the eggs are in the incubator yesterday

Back
Top Bottom