leogking

leogking

Hatching
Dec 6, 2015
hello to all.as a new member i am a little lost for getting started.i'm 84yrs old and live in w.v. and moved here from nh 11 yrs ago.we always raised chickens and ducks and geese.when we moved here it took us years to build up our home and land.i love to garden but had to do some reduction in the size of my garden for health reasons,so i will go back to my love of raising chickens,ducks,geese and turkeys.will wait till spring to get started.will still have a small garden and if my better half doesn't object too much might even raise a pig.with the good god willing and i keep on breathing i'll gt r done.that about says it all .

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens
celebrate.gif

Hi and a very warm welcome to BYC - i do hope you enjoy being a member of our community. Good luck with your plans!

CT

hello to all,i wish to thank everyone who welcomed me to byc today.sees like i found me another family besides my church brothers and sisters.i will try to be worthy of membership.the last group of birds we grew before moving here we donated to a petting farm[non kill].my wife raised them as if they were our children and had me build a preditor proof coop.they had the free run of our land and no hawk dared to go for them,between our dog [who thought they were his]and my wife they were perfectly safe.it's time now to go turn my compost and recover it.till next time i'll say so long. leo/ and martha.

Leo / Martha - you are very welcome. We all try to put in what we get out and those with eons of experience who take their time to help others deserve a big thumbs up IMO
thumbsup.gif

CT

welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here! Good luck with your plans, raising birds is an enjoyable hobby and of course, the eggs are nice.

Thanks for joining us!

hello to all,i wish to thank everyone who welcomed me to byc today.sees like i found me another family besides my church brothers and sisters.i will try to be worthy of membership.the last group of birds we grew before moving here we donated to a petting farm[non kill].my wife raised them as if they were our children and had me build a preditor proof coop.they had the free run of our land and no hawk dared to go for them,between our dog [who thought they were his]and my wife they were perfectly safe.it's time now to go turn my compost and recover it.till next time i'll say so long. leo/ and martha.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom