Less Garage and More Coop (pic heavy)

pickledchicken

Songster
7 Years
Feb 27, 2012
Sparta Tn.
I had figured up the cost of building new coops and runs not to mention the labor would be a heavy load. I looked around my garage and noticed that it really wasn't being used for much more than storage ( junk ) It is 30 x 36 I wanted to use 8' of back area and put my runs outside I figured I would still have plenty of garage and 7 new coops. The thing I really like about this setup is that all the watering, feeding and cleaning can be done from indoors and not outside when the weather is bad. I have started constructing the coops they will be 8' x 5'1" I plan to build them as I need them. According to the figures I got from my chicken math I should most likely go ahead and build them all.

Very nice!

We have our coop(12x4x9) built inside our garage and still have the availability to fit 3 cars. Our run is outside the side garage door. We heat the coop in the winter and cover the run in plastic.

I do not have to walk through snow getting eggs and cleaning the coop. I use pine bedding inside and sand for outside.

Last edited:
That's going to kick butt!! Save a lot of $$ too! I'd much rather see a garage collect chickens than collect clutter!
big_smile.png

Thank you all for the kudos I plan on building a decent sized office ( man cave ) inside as well. I want to be able to control humidity and temp for my incubator. It's hard to do in the home with my wife constantly fiddling with the thermostat
barnie.gif

That is going to be awesome when you get it finished. Going to be lots of room for them to go outside. Keep us posted with more pics.
thumbsup.gif
Great job.
bow.gif

The Roo N TN (East TN)

Back
Top Bottom