Let’s play everyone’s favorite game: rooster or hen? 😂

asteria819

Chirping
May 2, 2019
TN
Okay y’all, here are the photos of the chicken. Look at the pictures before reading the back story!!

761283E6-C495-404F-8FA1-C4F5B472B4EC.jpeg
12283E16-3CD3-434A-9F4A-89F94DA7B063.jpeg
5C5E5ED4-7953-4FA8-8126-0D796B7E9A82.jpeg

Alright, so
We bought this mysterious one from TSC in April of 2019. So almost 2 years ago. Sold as a California White pullet. Grew up as a pullet, no signs of rooster. It was actually the first one to start laying in August of 2019. It laid for about a week, then laid a soft egg, then never laid again. It always acted normal even after she stopped laying, and it was definitely the top dog of the group. Then a few months later its’ comb shrunk and paled out. We brought it inside and gave TLC, but it still acted, ate, and drank just fine, and there were no dire signs that she needed a vet (chicken vets are expensive y’all, lol). So we put it back with the group and all was well. A few months go by, and the comb decides to just comes back to life, big and bright red like in the photos. It begins to grow the spur buds. Now it’s a little more aggressive than it previously was towards us. All it is missing are the pointed feathers and the crowing!! :eek: We have suspicions it could be laying again because we randomly get a completely white egg (we have brown, cream, and colored layers), but it’s hard to tell, as it’s not very frequent when she might be laying. We have another California White hen who we got at the same time as this one, but they are nothing like each other and the other is most definitely a hen (she lays a very off white egg) :lol:

So tell me, is my hen turning into a rooster??? I’m just waiting for the day I hear a crow :lol:

Okay y’all, here are the photos of the chicken. Look at the pictures before reading the back story!!

View attachment 2476548View attachment 2476549View attachment 2476551

Alright, so
We bought this mysterious one from TSC in April of 2019. So almost 2 years ago. Sold as a California White pullet. Grew up as a pullet, no signs of rooster. It was actually the first one to start laying in August of 2019. It laid for about a week, then laid a soft egg, then never laid again. It always acted normal even after she stopped laying, and it was definitely the top dog of the group. Then a few months later its’ comb shrunk and paled out. We brought it inside and gave TLC, but it still acted, ate, and drank just fine, and there were no dire signs that she needed a vet (chicken vets are expensive y’all, lol). So we put it back with the group and all was well. A few months go by, and the comb decides to just comes back to life, big and bright red like in the photos. It begins to grow the spur buds. Now it’s a little more aggressive than it previously was towards us. All it is missing are the pointed feathers and the crowing!! :eek: We have suspicions it could be laying again because we randomly get a completely white egg (we have brown, cream, and colored layers), but it’s hard to tell, as it’s not very frequent when she might be laying. We have another California White hen who we got at the same time as this one, but they are nothing like each other and the other is most definitely a hen (she lays a very off white egg) :lol:

So tell me, is my hen turning into a rooster??? I’m just waiting for the day I hear a crow :lol:
She must be lesbian chicken 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom