Let a hen hatch geese

They will definitely imprint within the first few days especially. Which in my opinion is important and one of the things that makes working with geese easier. They will follow whoever they imprint on and if you teach them where to go for good grass and dandelions/weeds they’ll be great assets to have around. Mine weed the cracks between patio stones and when they’re done I rinse off the poo and wah-lah, I didn’t have to bend and pull weeds for hours.

Just be careful that not just your husband imprints. My wife is relatively hands off with the geese and sometimes when she approaches me in the yard with my geese around they like to bully her and keep her away.
We are both pretty crazy over the geese. I couldn't eat anything that lived in my back yard, especially if it imprinted on me… do you have to stay emotionally distant somehow from those particular ones? We have talked before about getting cows, but then realized we would just end up with pet cows and wouldn’t be able to eat beef anymore! We don’t want to be vegetarian 😂

We are both pretty crazy over the geese. I couldn't eat anything that lived in my back yard, especially if it imprinted on me… do you have to stay emotionally distant somehow from those particular ones? We have talked before about getting cows, but then realized we would just end up with pet cows and wouldn’t be able to eat beef anymore! We don’t want to be vegetarian 😂
Absolutely, I keep some as breeders/ forever pals. Their offspring that are selected for consumption are not named. They’re loved and raised the same, just have to know they’re for a purpose and that is feeding me and my family and providing us clean healthy food that I KNOW was raised compassionately.

Absolutely, I keep some as breeders/ forever pals. Their offspring that are selected for consumption are not named. They’re loved and raised the same, just have to know they’re for a purpose and that is feeding me and my family and providing us clean healthy food that I KNOW was raised compassionately.
:goodpost:
We do similar.

Back
Top Bottom