Let' see and hear your guineas.

Lol.. your males first, I presume. I have windows open & standing @ patio door while watching. Rosie started wandering toward me cooing until the boys chased her to the back of the line and then regrouped, stalking toward me, heads alert.
Nope, none of my guineas come to me. They are not pets and don't get treated as such.

That's ok. I don't eat mine, either. 😁 with the world stopping and starting and arguing, my goons feed my soul, & I don't have to pluck feathers.🤣
I would have no problem eating mine. They are delicious but the keets sell so well that I never get to keep any to grow out.

I would have no problem eating mine. They are delicious but the keets sell so well that I never get to keep any to grow out.
I have 2 fears re selling keets:
1 is that no one wld want any around here.
The second is that I'd be THAT person. You know, the one that comes home to see his wife is having a yardsale, & starts ripping items from shoppers hands, saying, "you can't have THAT one. Nope, nor that one. Ah, gimmee that..."

The second is that I'd be THAT person. You know, the one that comes home to see his wife is having a yardsale, & starts ripping items from shoppers hands, saying, "you can't have THAT one. Nope, nor that one. Ah, gimmee that..."
Just don't be the one that feels a need to check on how they are doing after they have been sold.

If you ever decide to sell any, then make the transaction quick! Hearing about how their last flock was all picked off by predators makes it really hard to release those keets... I’ve inadvertently gotten much worse stories too! :hit

If you ever decide to sell any, then make the transaction quick! Hearing about how their last flock was all picked off by predators makes it really hard to release those keets... I’ve inadvertently gotten much worse stories too! :hit
Lol- have I mentioned the lap- dog rabbit we had? My brother wanted one of the resulting offspring. To convince me,he swore he would live like a king and never be eaten - he wanted him to sire ( the offspring would be eaten). Abt 10 years later he called to sadly report that the bun had died, a great granpappy many times over....
and I had no clue what he was talking about.:lau

Escapees returning to coop. The last one used an alternate route.
Mine have "a thing" - they'll all come out the front, but upon return, the boys go in the front, the girls go in the back. It's a territorial thing, bc it's only when they're all going in at the same time.
Meanwhile, w/the massive snow melt, the ground is a sucking swamp, so they're doing a form of the hoky poky- high step it and then shake it all about. Lol

Back
Top Bottom