Lethargic and weak Call duck

firenkyo

Chirping
Sep 7, 2018
One of my call ducks is acting very strangely. She's usually very skittish and nervous around humans, but she's been extremely lethargic and allowed me to pick her up with no protest. I noticed that she had been acting odd when I went to change the duck coop about an hour ago.
The duck coop hasn't been changed in a week, and is very muddy because we've had no straw (we have some now). I was thinking maybe a respiratory issue, but she's not sneezing or coughing.
Because she's small, she's been picked on by some of the larger ducks, but seems to have been recovering.
It's winter, so she does not have access to grass or other foraging nutrients. We haven't been feeding the ducks as much fresh greens as we should.

I'm currently keeping her inside with fresh straw and greens. Help/advice would be appreciated <3

Symptoms
Trembling head
Limping/struggling to walk
Spread wings
Refusal to eat or drink
General lethargy

Oh, can you keep her in a room that's 80-85 degrees? This is the ideal temperature for most sick birds.

What does her poop look like?

Hopefully I can take her to the vet soon but I'm home alone and can't drive alone.
As for her poop, she's been upstairs for almost 3 hours and still hasn't pooped yet (maybe the tiniest amount of diarrhea but that's it)

Is she laying age? If so, when did she lay her last egg?
Can you post a picture of her?

She is of laying age, I think she's around 4 years old. Her eggs usually don't have any yolk or insides and are just the shell. Around 2 weeks ago?

Attachments

• IMG_6086.JPG
    IMG_6086.JPG
    493.6 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom