Lethargic chick not lifting her head easily

20240329_123316.jpg

She has been drenched. Thanks. I dumped out her vit B water (a crumb of a crushed tablet).

Last edited:
Yeah. I didn't think it would happen that fast. Her head is up, she's scratching, and both eating and drinking.

I'll give her the second dose tonight and keep her inside until I'm sure. I just changed the water for the other birds.

I had chickens for 18years before my first time with this. Coach723 really helped me, it was the same, puffy lethargic one chick and then after drench, completely better the next day and I followed the instructions treating the whole flock of 5 littles. Then the next year the moment I saw one doing this I treated them too. This year, so far so good....

I really appreciate your help. I wasn't expecting her to last the night.

It's obvious that her eyesight has improved, since she's no longer trying to find the edge of the food bowl with her beak.

Maybe she was just so miserable that she couldn't focus.

She flew out of the bin, apparently trying to find the chicken noises I was playing for her. If she's got that much energy, she's going back outside. I put a tag on her and I'll give her the other dose tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom