lethargic chick

Nikisixx13

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 26, 2014
Chiusi, Italy
My week and a half old silkie chick( i only have 1 chick right now) is sleeping all the time. I keep waking her up to give her water and try to see if she'll eat. She was like this yesterday too. Last night and this morning she perked up a bit, but this afternoon she reverted back to seeming tired and not eating much. Don't know what t
o do.

My week and a half old silkie chick( i only have 1 chick right now) is sleeping all the time. I keep waking her up to give her water and try to see if she'll eat. She was like this yesterday too. Last night and this morning she perked up a bit, but this afternoon she reverted back to seeming tired and not eating much. Don't know what t
o do.
Hey nikkisixx13, is your chick feed medicated? Or non medicated? It tells you on the bag of feed.

Sometimes she has a little diarrhea, but most of the time it's ok. I have the warm side at around 90 and she sleeps right under the lamp.
o do.
Also....check the temperature of the water to see if it is warm to the touch, due to the heat from the lamp. If it's warm to the touch....change the water. I have to change the water in my brooder every day because it gets too warm.

I'm sorry, I wish I could help you but I really just don't have enough knowledge to troubleshoot with you. I hope someone here offers you more help. Also maybe try posting in the section for sick chickens not just 'raising chickens'. I hope she gets better.

non medicated
I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to get back to your comments untill now.
Ok....first thing is first....you must must must must MUST go get medicated chick feed right away. Only medicated feed is recommended by professionals for baby chicks. It has medicine that prevents a multitude of sicknesses. If you buy it from a pet store you will a large amount. If you buy it from a farm supply store it is VERY affordable...How is your chick doing? Is she better...worse...the same?

Back
Top Bottom