Lethargic chicken, Green poop, please help!

ReeseTheChick

Songster
8 Years
May 10, 2011
One of my chickens has been lethargic, hides away from the others, and her crop has been squishy. I don't know what's wrong with her. I can't smell that well but I don't think her breath smells bad. I don't know what her poop looks like, we have a lot of chickens. She's in a kennel in my room right now and she's just laying there. I gave her some potatos without anything in them and some water. I'm getting yogurt for her too. I don't want to lose ANOTHER chicken. (My cool looking rooster passed away 2 days ago.. Don't know why though.)

Last edited:
She's really interested in the potatoes but water not so much. She's also limping and I don't know why.

I'm not sure if she does though. She's also has what looks like boogers coming out of her nose. I home someone can help me... :(

No more nose discharge, She's just lethargic and now her crop is really hard. She's laid down a lot, so I don't know if she's still limping. :(

She's sleeping a lot, and her poop is green. That's all I have for now. She won't even open her eyes until i pet her. anyone know what is wrong with her?! :(

have you tried the sour cop treatment as outlined in the link above? if she has not eaten in a couple of days and is not drinking, that's pretty bad news. You need to make sure she stays hydrated, drop water with electrolytes and vitamins on her beak and get her to swallow at least a teaspoon. Try and force feed her some yogurt and or wet cat food. if i were you i'd take a poop to the vet and get it tested to see if there is something in there that can be treated.

I have no idea what's wrong with her, sorry :(

I tried that, I did make her drink, I gave her yogurt and she ate that willingly. I woke up this morning though and she had passed....
hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom