1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lethargic Hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gossie, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Gossie

Gossie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2015
    My 3-year old BLRW hen, Snuggles has looked a little bit lethargic for a day or two. She's always been pretty light and it doesn't feel like she's lost any weight. She stands around with her feather kind of ruffled and I haven't seen her eat or drink a lot recently. She eats treats (watermelon, smashed eggs, etc.) but I haven't seen her eat her regular food recently. She was drinking and eating just a few days ago, even though she looked lethargic. She is the only one looking like this. All the other chickens are acting normal. She looks normal, other than the lethargy. I walked into the coop and she was hiding in a nesting box. Nobody is bothering her, at least while I was there. Does anyone know what is wrong?

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    Snuggles might be egg bound or sick.
    If she is eating than that is a good sign.
    Has Snuggles pooped lately?
    And does she have a stinky face or any liquid coming from anywhere?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by