Lethargic/HOT/Sick ??? Turkey Poult

NewLivestockMama

In the Brooder
May 21, 2022
Good Afternoon Everyone, I have an 8-9week old (leaning towards Tom) Turkey Poult that is giving different symptoms as to what the problem could be...he is walking extremely slow with his head down low, breathing heavy, sometimes stumbling....he is a White BroadBreasted Turkey who I happily acquired from our local “farm store” bc he had a prolapsed vent and when I met him at 3wks he was in bad shape. Brought him home, quickly read up on turkeys where as he is my first and he slowly started to get some playful pip in his step and now this! I’m in total devastation bc he is one of the best attributes to my flock family! He has such personality and wants to be pet, snuggled, loved on-honestly had NO IDEA turkeys believe they are puppies!!! I did give him cold water from the refrigerator after he had been outside in this brutal heat that he is completely not acclimated to.
DID I HURT HIM BY GIVING HIM THE COLD WATER AFTER WALKING IN FROM THE HEAT????

Hello, welcome to BYC. I have no experience with turkeys. When I have an overheated hen, I lay them on the cool tub or shower floor and put cool, wet rags under their wings and under their feet.
You may have luck with this, but I encourage you to make a post in the emergency forum. Please keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom