Lethargic Pullet

I see some intestinal shedding in there and it looks like mucous in there too.
I would treat for Coccidiosis.
Monitor her crop like you have been doing and see that it's emptying. You may find you need to repeat your crop treatment too.

I think I would drench her with a direct dose of Corid too - this is in addition to her drinking (or you syringing) the mixed Corid water into her several times a day. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
Local TS out of Corid. :(Waiting for the other farm supply to open at 10. She is drinking fine but doesn't seem too interested in eating. She seems to be tipping back her head and swallowing a lot. Her poop does seem to smell worse than regular poop. Now wondering if it was sour crop although it felt too solid. I hear gurgling.

Posting latest poop situation!

Attachments

• 0201109_091605730.jpg
    0201109_091605730.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 2
Local TS out of Corid. :(Waiting for the other farm supply to open at 10. She is drinking fine but doesn't seem too interested in eating. She seems to be tipping back her head and swallowing a lot. Her poop does seem to smell worse than regular poop. Now wondering if it was sour crop although it felt too solid. I hear gurgling.

Posting latest poop situation!
Does her crop feel fluid filled? Careful if you manipulate the crop that fluid/water is not pushed up causing her to aspirate.
When she tips her head back, see if you are able to tell if she's got any lesions, pasty material or canker inside her beak.
Gurgling isn't too good. She may have a blockage. Hard to know.

So, Birdie seems to have perked up a bit. She is eating a little and is definitely more active. I did make a discovery and I can't believe i missed it earlier. She has mites crawling all over her. Guess those critters could also contribute to the lethargy.

Started her on Corid tonight too, so we will see if that helps. She is chirpy and following me around. I've taken her outside for a forage a couple of times and she definitely seems happier. Keep your fingers crossed!:D

So, Birdie seems to have perked up a bit. She is eating a little and is definitely more active. I did make a discovery and I can't believe i missed it earlier. She has mites crawling all over her. Guess those critters could also contribute to the lethargy.

Started her on Corid tonight too, so we will see if that helps. She is chirpy and following me around. I've taken her outside for a forage a couple of times and she definitely seems happier. Keep your fingers crossed!:D
Glad she's perking up a bit.
Mites can definitely drag them down, hopefully you can get rid of them asap.
Permethrin dust or spray can be used. Some use Sevin, Elector PSP, Frontline or other treatment methods - bottom line they need to be gone to help speed up her recovery.

Keep us posted.

So sad here this morning. After a wonderful few days with Birdie I came downstairs to find her on her side and barely breathing. I'm not sure what went wrong. She has been chirping and happy and we've been walking around the yard together. She isn't going to make it and it breaks my heart. 😭

So sad here this morning. After a wonderful few days with Birdie I came downstairs to find her on her side and barely breathing. I'm not sure what went wrong. She has been chirping and happy and we've been walking around the yard together. She isn't going to make it and it breaks my heart. 😭
I'm sorry to hear about Birdie :hugs

Back
Top Bottom