Lethargic Sizzle pullet

Chicklady92

Chirping
Mar 7, 2018
Maryland
Hello, I have a 4.5 month old Sizzle bantam Pullet who is acting lethargic. Here is some background...
We live in Maryland so it is Fall time and stays no where above 50° during the day right now and wet. All of my chickens have two large coops to get out of the weather and have access to fresh food and water daily 24/7 .
I recently lost two Pullets a Polish and a Marans and after losing those two I heavily dosed all of my birds with Corid for 5 days 1tsp per gallon (I put a little extra in the water as it is hard to overdose chickens or Corid) then 5 days 1/2 tsp do basically I went off the Corid chart I found online and was given by a breeder.
The last dose given was a month ago with no more birds lost or sick.

The past few days I have noticed my black Sizzle isn't running around like my other pullets and her 2 Sizzle companions. I have seen her drink and eat (im just not sure how much though) her poop almost looks like caramel (sorry if I just ruined caramel for you). For the past three nights I have had to personally place her inside the coop so she does not get to cold and die. She does not run from people picking her up which is a little off for her. Her eyes are clear and no sneezing or caughing! She cannot be egg bound as she is still too young to lay. She walks around but slowly and sleeps a lot.

Would isolating her and giving her probiotics and electrolytes help her? Or should I re treat everyone with Corid again? Also my coops are cleaned weekly so no mold has been found and old food is dumped or thrown in the fields for the black birds to eat. Oh and all of my chickens free range for a few hours a day but the pullets do not wonder far from the coop/run area.

This is the chart I went off of for the Corid dosages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-11-01-41-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-11-01-41-04.png
    583.5 KB · Views: 5
If you have a vet that takes chickens I would go to them, this website has some causes listed for diarrhea in chickens as well. Good luck I hope she gets better!

Back
Top Bottom