Gone for a bit
11 Years
May 6, 2008
Pick a national BYC Quit smoking day
I started smoking three years ago and want to quit
but I want as many people as I can get to quit with me
who's with me
and lets pick a day

I'm with you, but I quit over 30 years ago. I think your idea is great. I support anyone who wants to kick the habit. Go get em! Good luck and I hope lots of BYCERs join you!

Husband and I quit 12 weeks ago (if I had known, we'd have waited for you).
We had both smoked for over 35 years over a pack a day each
sad.png
that's alot of wasted time & money. We used the drug Chantix (we've tried before, cold turkey and just couldn't do it).

Still want a cigarette now and then, but know it won't taste as good as it used too (plus will make us feel bad).

Good luck, it can be done and the more joining you - the merrier
smile.png

im worried about gaining weight
and how did you guys quit
i tried to use the patch but it made me have really weird dreams

Quote:
I quit 8 years ago - cold turkey. Smoked a pack a day for 23 years. I just stopped. It almost killed me. I'm not going to lie to you, it's the hardest thing I've ever done. My DH quit 18 months ago (finally the nagging paid off).

You will gain some weight. I did and so did DH. It's not that bad. You can lose the weight easier and faster than quitting. Just stop smoking. With the government (FDA) now going to "regulate" what can go into a cigarette I'd be very scared to even smoke one anymore!

You all have my support and trust me, if we did it so can you! Really - you CAN DO IT!!!

We both quit the day the stick showed 2 lines. I carried a few packs of sugar free gum, and when I wanted a smoke, I'd chew a piece. He went cold turkey, he didn't want the baby to have asthma like he did as a kid. I'm not saying have a baby, I'm saying go buy some juicy fruit.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom