Let's Ask Kathy 😄

Pineapple on pizza?

• Total voters
I bought pecan.
For the most part, deciduous trees (that lose/replace their leaves yearly) grow more slowly and produce denser, slower-burning, higher BTU wood. Most hardwoods are a better choice for heating, for building... better for just about everything, really. They're also much more expensive, so pine (a relatively soft, coniferous wood) gets used a lot. For smoking foods you definitely want hardwood (with a few exceptions, like mesquite).

Pecan is a deciduous wood, but it should work fine for your fire pit. Just split it down fairly small so you don't have a longer-lasting fire than is wanted. Really, whatever you can get will be fine so long as it's well-seasoned (aka dry).

FYi - ya’ll got a part German on your hands here. So that particular word is a touchy subject for me.
I thought I was an okay kid until I moved to NC in 4th grade. Suddenly I’m a n—-. Nope! and neither was anyone in my family.
FYI my gentics is also significantly from that neck of the woods as well... Geneology goes back to the mid 1700's too. I'm going to use a phrase my parents used to use, "hienz 57".... Non of my gentics has any links to that batch of dingbats either. Thanks for the heads up. I use it in a way (in my head) as a method of poking fun at those jerks in history....

Yeah, I know it's a reality still her and across the pond with the white supremacists dingbats staining our nation's.... But, that's a topic for another day. Fair enough? /End tangent

/End if line.

Back
Top Bottom