Let's Ask Kathy 😄

Pineapple on pizza?

• Total voters
How come!? There must be like a whole ceremony behind it or like a bunch of reasons or whatever!?
I'm not an expert on old Japanese customs, but seppuku could be performed for a few reasons, one of which was as a way of restoring one's honor after a failure. Honor was very important to the Japanese, and some samurai would rather die than continue to live on after a failure.
(I think that it was also a sort of death sentence that could be given).
There was an entire ceremony for it, I believe, yes. A samurai would (if memory serves correctly) be given a last meal of his favorite foods, be clothed in a particular set of robes (I think that they were white), and would be presented with a ceremonial dagger, which he would use to disembowel himself with.
Again, I'm not a historian of any kind, so this information is most likely inaccurate in at least a few ways.
Yeah probably not! Probably pretty frowned upon now I would think ? But maybe in some parts they still do it?
I think that it's pretty much never done anymore/outlawed in the present day. It was practiced until relatively recently, though, I think -- early-mid twentieth century.

Look it up. It's rather interesting.

I'm not an expert on old Japanese customs, but seppuku could be performed for a few reasons, one of which was as a way of restoring one's honor after a failure. Honor was very important to the Japanese, and some samurai would rather die than continue to live on after a failure.
(I think that it was also a sort of death sentence that could be given).
There was an entire ceremony for it, I believe, yes. A samurai would (if memory serves correctly) be given a last meal of his favorite foods, be clothed in a particular set of robes (I think that they were white), and would be presented with a ceremonial dagger, which he would use to disembowel himself with.
Again, I'm not a historian of any kind, so this information is most likely inaccurate in at least a few ways.

I think that it's pretty much never done anymore/outlawed in the present day. It was practiced until relatively recently, though, I think -- early-mid twentieth century.

Look it up. It's rather interesting.
Thanks!! That is very interesting!!

Back
Top Bottom