Let's play a guessing game :)

I feel like it's so hard to guess sees, what stands out the most to give you ideas. To me all feathers look the same shape. I know combs can all be different as well. It seems everything we search on the web, everyone has a slightly different way. Not on our chicks just general what we find trying to guess our own. Quay makes them stand out the most especially when colors are pretty identical like with 5 of ours.
The indicator is mostly the comb size and coloring at this age. From some of the pictures, it seems a few of the chicks have larger and more red combs, while pullets shouldn't have as developed combs until later.:)

I am no good at calling breed or sex, at this stage. I simply wanted to say...
This is the BEST site for all things chicken. I have found many answers on here, from the wonderful knowledge/experience, others are willing to share. I have been to ALOT of sites over the last year, and none compare. If I can't find an answer here, I will post a question, and it is quick to get answers. Welcome... You are in the right place.
I couldn't agree more! I tried to search to learn ahead for things that can happen and be prepared etc and everytime I searched Google this site always had the BEST answers/suggestions, that I stopped looking elsewhere. I love how everyone shares their knowledge and experience. It's so much appreciated especially for newbies like me.

I couldn't agree more! I tried to search to learn ahead for things that can happen and be prepared etc and everytime I searched Google this site always had the BEST answers/suggestions, that I stopped looking elsewhere. I love how everyone shares their knowledge and experience. It's so much appreciated especially for newbies like me.
Yes!! I have been at this for a tad over a year. I am an inexperienced chicken lover, and am so greatful for those willing to take time to share, with those in distress, or in a pickle. I got over my deathly fear of birds, through my chickens. I am thankful for them, and all those here. I am so glad you are here. Best of luck to you. :love

Back
Top Bottom