Lets see if we can help this family in MA

I think they should let them, there is no harm in it, what is a neighbor jelius that they have to pay for there eggs from a store ?
lol.png
. As long as they agree to the blood test done on flocks, they should keep them, they look healthy, and well taken care of.
smile.png

The board of health is in the wrong on this one and I'll bet they're found wrong. Fairhaven is hardly a teaming metropolis, it's a small town with plenty of land around the homes - these people are up against small-town Caesars, the worst part about living in a small town around here. Let's make sure they know they've got support out there, especially from those of us here in Massachusetts!

Make sure to hit the poll!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats what I think! I just posted a thread about my neighbor, whats up with these people/ wHY DO THEY THINK IT IS SO WRONG? OOps I hit the wrrong buton.

When everything is clean and there is no smell and no trouble, I would like to know what is the complaint for? What are people thinking?

I voted...
Fairhaven's going down the cape/Taunton/Dartmouth way...it's not very built up...

If the zoning's there, then to heck with the health dept...

And what kind of other animals did they give the okay to?

We're in Massachusetts, and our chickens are permitted by zoning, but we still had to answer to the Board of Health before the Town would issue a permit. The Board of Health wanted to know mostly about chicken manure management, which I think is valid.

I read the article in the original post and voted yes on behalf of the family, but perhaps if they could address any concerns the Board of Health had, it would solve itself.

First of all, how did this complaint go any farther than the complainant? The "relative" has to be a resident of the neighborhood to have any say in what happens in the area they live.

In any case, unless there is an ordinance in place there shouldn't be a problem. This should go away for a while.

In the mean time, keep the coop clean, and the smell to a minimum. Make it blend in as much as possible.

Use the media to your advantage, invite them over to see what goes on. Editors and producers love human interest stories.

Research the city codes and get a petition signed by as many neighbors as possible.

Fight for those chickens!

Back
Top Bottom