Lets See Those Cochins

unknownbbq2126

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
IM torn i dont know which to get, cochins.rirs,or brown leghorns. I need some help so i want to see those cochins hens roosters chicks what ever u got post em also tell me which u think i should get i know have three white legorns lost two and i just fineshed the big run and i want to make up my mind so post,post,post

Last edited:
What are you looking for from your chickens? Pets or eggs? From my understanding RIR and leghorns are big layers, but cochins not so much. I have a mix in my flock because I wanted some good steady egg production, a variety of color and some good pets. So I have a few easter eggers, a cochin, a brown leghorn, and a few wyandottes. Here's a pic of some brown leghorns and white cochins when they were chicks (the two yellow fluff balls in the middle are the cochins, the brown leghorns are chipmunk striped...but are a little hard to tell from the golden laced wyandottes):
49587_p1000277.jpg

They're about 3 months old now so a LOT bigger, but I don't have any recent pics. Maybe if the rain lets up, I can get some tomorrow. My mom has a brown leghorn rooster with BEAUTIFUL coloring. I really didn't expect them to be all that pretty, and they do look more...scrawny, I guess is the word for it, especially next to the feathery/fluffy cochin.

Last edited:
44717_img_0185filtered.jpg

I love my cochin, she's a beautiful chicken. But I'm not fond of her broodiness....so many weeks wasted sitting on nothing
hmm.png
If I had it to do again I'd probably go for a less broody variety, truthfully. She sure is pretty though!!

This is Henry. He is the sweetest roo and such a gentleman.
8175_close_up_chickens_013.jpg

8175_milliechicks_065.jpg

here he is feeding one of my broodies day old chicks
8175_milliechicks_046.jpg

Get cochins! Get cochins! I just LOVE my bantam cochin rooster and my cochin x silkie crossed chicks. I never thought chickens (especially my rooster) could be so friendly! My cochin rooster is way friendlier than my silkies hens. That says something. So if you want friendly chickens and nice roosters, I'd suggest cochin!
big_smile.png

Here's my little man sitting on my knee!
25163_378559421358_649366358_3892759_387608_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom