Let's see your coops!!

so does my Hen Turkey, her name is Tyson, and she controls the chicken yard!
I've got a dozen chickens, mostly R.I.Reds, but Tyson now that she is 25 lbs and full grown she rules the roost!
All the chickens go to roost first (to get a place I guess) and then Tyson comes in and picks her spot, sometimes feathers fly and chickens get "pushed" but Tyson always gets her spot somewhere on the roost.
Jim Brown
Lockport NY

When I clicked on this thread I was hoping to see people's turkey houses, coops or pens. I am getting some in June and would like to see other set ups. I prefer that my turkeys not run with my chickens and ducks and had thought to make them their own pen and coop in the front pasture.
I have around 75 chickens that free range, Guineas that free range but coop up with the chickens at night and my ducks have their own pens and coops but range with the chickens during the afternoons. I was hoping to keep the turkeys separate.

OK I post the first pic its not really a coop its more of a pen where I keep my pheasants and turkeys. Its 150'Wx350'Lx14'H half of the pen is 4'-5' tall switch grass for the pheasants to hide in and the other half is alfalfa for the birds to graze in. one fall pic and one winter pic. Now lets see yours.

OK I post the first pic its not really a coop its more of a pen where I keep my pheasants and turkeys. Its 150'Wx350'Lx14'H half of the pen is 4'-5' tall switch grass for the pheasants to hide in and the other half is alfalfa for the birds to graze in. one fall pic and one winter pic. Now lets see yours.

OMG I am sooooo jealous! That is amazing!!!

Yup! That certainly has the WOW factor for me!
I have about 3 acres in front of my house that I would like to use for the turkeys to free range in the day. My chickens and ducks are behind my house and down the hill a bit. The chickens mostly stay back there but the ducks are good rangers and during the summer often come up to the front pasture to eat. I hope to build a nice shelter and large pen in the front so the turkeys can grow up there and later free range around it and not go wandering down to the barn where most of the others are. I do have a few breeder tractors in the front and thought perhaps I could grow some of my extra roos up with the turkeys, too.
Still researching though and I did do a search here on BYC and found a few coop and shelter ideas plus some pen ideas. None as large as the above poster but all have been helpful.

Wow. Turkey Paradise! and a lot of work. Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom