Let's swap some seeds.....

That surely means you have dried peaches a plenty?

No, but sounds incredible! I like apple and pear cider, is peach cider sweeter, or are there certain varieties to use? Really, there's a peach cider? Sounds great!
No planning on getting peach trees but non right now plus I think I would eat them all before I could dry any!

A happy accident lol... I tried some heirloom purple radishes last spring; didn't care for the radishes, but the chickens loved the tops, and I got an idea to get some seed, so I let them seed... And seed they did! The seed pods are edible and tastier than the radishes
big_smile.png
Easily over 100 pods per radish! (I use radish for cover crop in spring to deter weeds, so I tend to use a lot of seed lol)
That would be awesome; I'm more looking for that for a novelty type, maybe a salsa attempt lol... That and they're just scary cool looking
wink.png
I think just about any radish does tasty seed pods. My French Breakfast goes to seed, but USUALLY doesn't breed true. When I let the chickens in to glean the garden, they wipe out the pods. My garden is now a total jungle of plants and weeds. I didn't get the back end mulched well, so it's growing a lot of wonderful chicken fodder. Not much longer, and they'll be harvesting, and fertilizing!

I'm glad to see that this thread has taken off and doing well now!

Just harvested a large 'Kuri Basho' melon....so I'll have plenty of seeds from it...also....I'll be saving seed from a tomato from an 'Ace 55' tomato....(it looks like a beefsteak....but came off that vine)....It'll be interesting to see what the offspring do...

Just harvested a large 'Kuri Basho' melon....so I'll have plenty of seeds from it...also....I'll be saving seed from a tomato from an 'Ace 55' tomato....(it looks like a beefsteak....but came off that vine)....It'll be interesting to see what the offspring do...

May I ask, what is a Kuri Basho melon?

May I ask, what is a Kuri Basho melon?

It's something a little different....sweet white flesh with a flavor somewhere between watermelon and honeydew....

EDIT: I need to add a little backstory ; my aunt gave me the seeds and some "picante tepary beans" many years ago....I have no idea where she got them....A quick Google search turns up nothing on either. The tepary beans are native to Arizona where she lives....but no "picante" variety shows up....and they look just like brown tepary beans to me....so...the names may be something someone local developed and before the internet....IDK.

Last edited:

It's something a little different....sweet white flesh with a flavor somewhere between watermelon and honeydew....

EDIT: I need to add a little backstory ; my aunt gave me the seeds and some "picante tepary beans" many years ago....I have no idea where she got them....A quick Google search turns up nothing on either. The tepary beans are native to Arizona where she lives....but no "picante" variety shows up....and they look just like brown tepary beans to me....so...the names may be something someone local developed and before the internet....IDK.

I would be interested in some seeds from that for sure, sounds delicious ;)

They like hot and dry climates? I definitely have THAT!

Back
Top Bottom