Lets talk about goats!

Pics
yuckyuck.gif

Hey everyone! I have a really disturbing issue that has me extremely worried about the well being of my goats. It actually started before I even had them when I had a standard size mule, a donkey, chickens and ducks, and a pig. Someone has been coming out to my house, which is literally in the middle of no where, and playing little pranks on the animals. Well they started out little. The prankster would unlock gates, move leads, and let a bird out hear and there at first. But then they started letting out the pig, mule, and donkey too. As the pranks progressed they cost me my pig when he and the donkey were let out together and he was kicked. I also lost my donkey, but not from the pranks she was afraid of loud noises and we had a horrible storm pass through. The mule went into a depression and I rescued a pony from slaughter to give her another companion. The prankster ended up letting the pony out and he is gone. Has been since Sept. In July though my parents got me my goat Diesel for my birthday, and since he was just a bottle baby he lived in the house and slept next to me at night lol. My dad eventually made me sell my mule, they never got along and he said he didnt trust her. So, by the end of summer Diesel was my only animal left simce I had ended up
giving my chickens and ducks to a family friend whos daughter fell in love with them when visiting us. Well to get to my point when it was time for Diesel to go out we got him a friend so he wouldnt be lonely or freeze in our sub zero winter temps. So, we got Daisy who is 2, Diesel is 8 months now. When they first went out there nothing happened. But now the prankster is back. They have thrown Diesel into the outside part of the pen when our temperatures were -18°F . They have moved the food bins out of the pen, moved objects in the barn, and when I went outside tonight they had tied Daisy to the side of the pen shoved the door to the pen open, and Diesel was let loose in the barn,which had been ransacked. We have called the police, but they said there is nothing they can do since this person/persons has never taken anything from our property or left and evidence of who they are. I am so scared for my babies, we've put locks out there, left the dogs out with them, but this person keeps getting in. Any ideas on what I can do to keep my goats safe? My parents won't let me get a gaurd dog to stay out with them, because its obvious our currents dogs aren't doing very well at gaurding. I can't think of any other animal that would scare this crazy person away other then a lion. I am seriously worried for my goats and any suggestions as to what ii can do to keep them safe would be so greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone! I have a really disturbing issue that has me extremely worried about the well being of my goats. It actually started before I even had them when I had a standard size mule, a donkey, chickens and ducks, and a pig. Someone has been coming out to my house, which is literally in the middle of no where, and playing little pranks on the animals. Well they started out little. The prankster would unlock gates, move leads, and let a bird out hear and there at first. But then they started letting out the pig, mule, and donkey too. As the pranks progressed they cost me my pig when he and the donkey were let out together and he was kicked. I also lost my donkey, but not from the pranks she was afraid of loud noises and we had a horrible storm pass through. The mule went into a depression and I rescued a pony from slaughter to give her another companion. The prankster ended up letting the pony out and he is gone. Has been since Sept. In July though my parents got me my goat Diesel for my birthday, and since he was just a bottle baby he lived in the house and slept next to me at night lol. My dad eventually made me sell my mule, they never got along and he said he didnt trust her. So, by the end of summer Diesel was my only animal left simce I had ended up
giving my chickens and ducks to a family friend whos daughter fell in love with them when visiting us. Well to get to my point when it was time for Diesel to go out we got him a friend so he wouldnt be lonely or freeze in our sub zero winter temps. So, we got Daisy who is 2, Diesel is 8 months now. When they first went out there nothing happened. But now the prankster is back. They have thrown Diesel into the outside part of the pen when our temperatures were -18°F . They have moved the food bins out of the pen, moved objects in the barn, and when I went outside tonight they had tied Daisy to the side of the pen shoved the door to the pen open, and Diesel was let loose in the barn,which had been ransacked. We have called the police, but they said there is nothing they can do since this person/persons has never taken anything from our property or left and evidence of who they are. I am so scared for my babies, we've put locks out there, left the dogs out with them, but this person keeps getting in. Any ideas on what I can do to keep my goats safe? My parents won't let me get a gaurd dog to stay out with them, because its obvious our currents dogs aren't doing very well at gaurding. I can't think of any other animal that would scare this crazy person away other then a lion. I am seriously worried for my goats and any suggestions as to what ii can do to keep them safe would be so greatly appreciated.

That is a horrible thing for someone to do I feel sorry for all your family has gone through. My only suggestion is a surveillance camera or even a gam cam or 2 set up. Catch the jerks in action so you have proof for the police who will hopefully start helping you out at that point. Take loads of pics when they do the things they do write every detail down date time everything. But 100% get a camera up and ready with out a doubt.

Honestly if it was happening to me personally I would have been sitting out there each night waiting for them DH I sure would have got a gun and sat there waiting too.

Know one should be on your property and invading your personal space ever. Not to mention putting all your animals lives at risk...

I hope you catch this person or people.

We have the gam cam, but my dad thinks they might take it when I flashes. We have stayed out there during the summer, but never actually seen anything. There has even been a couple instances when we stayed out all night, then when we went into the house the next morning after an uneventful night they come out and pull their pranks. I am no longer able to stay home alone anymore, because whoever this is concentrates all their pranks on me. They have even had the nerve to come here during the day and pull stunts when I am here. But only when it is just me. It feels like they watch the house and know our schedules. The scariest incident was over the summer when I was home alone. I was out working with the pony, he was going to be shown in 4H this year, and had Diesel and the mule out with me just grazing in the yard, when someone inc the woods started whistling and banging trees with sticks. I quickly put the pony and mule away in their pen, grabbed Diesel went in the house and locked all the doors. I called our closest neighbor and kept them on the phone as I searched for something to defend myself with just in case. Of course I didnt know the combo to the gun case so I had to settle with the biggest knife I could find, which didnt really make me feel any safer. I had all our dogs in the house with me and stayed out of sight fromcany windows. About 15 min. later I peered out a 2nd story window to check on the pony and mule. They were both gone and the gate was hanging open. Then neighbor I had on the phone came over and together we set out to find the pony and mule. We found them about a mile down the road and nrought them back. But when we walked back around the front of the house not 5 minutes after putting them back in the pen we found the door to the shed, that we had just walked past fully opened. It was closed when we passed it the first time. Needless to say I stayed at his house until one of my family members got home.

And even after that the police havent done anything but send a parol out once a month that circles the block and leaves.

Back
Top Bottom