Lets talk about goats!

Pics
Wow !!! I love all the goats on here :)
I Just moved to the Port Orchard washington area in Oct.
Who else lives in this area or Kitsap County ?

I would love to keep in touch with those who sell chickens and ducks and quail and so on.
I my self am into trading as well :)

thanks and have a great weekend :)

4/05/2014

Unfortunately, it's not really an option. Not only are you stunting these kids, you are quite possibly leading to their demise. :/ Not trying to use the scare factor or anything, but this is just a bad situation for the kids.

How about brain storming? Could you take some poultry netting or some other fencing material and build a creep feeder of sorts that the chickens could eat from but not the goats? Could you elevate their feeder low enough for them to get up on but high enough the kids can't jump on?

Until the kids have a place of their own, I'd at least stop having chicken food in the chicken house. Pull the kids and then feed the chickens. Pull all food before the kids go back in.

Until the kids have a place of their own, I'd at least stop having chicken food in the chicken house. Pull the kids and then feed the chickens. Pull all food before the kids go back in.

That is a great suggestion. If you feed the chickens at least twice a day, letting them eat their fill then putting the food up, it could make the situation go a little better. It will give your husband some more time. I know the conditions in a lot of places are pretty yuck with how this spring has been, and that makes building difficult.

Last edited:
That is a great suggestion. If you feed the chickens at least twice a day, letting them eat their fill then putting the food up, it could make the situation go a little better. It will give your husband some more time. I know the conditions in a lot of places are pretty yuck with how this spring has been, and that makes building difficult.
a
Thank you both. Those are both very good ideas. I will have to try that.

X2!!!!!! This is what I have to do when the kids are born. The goats and chickens share a house but the chickens have their own smaller section with a door too small for the goats to fit through. The first few months of the kids lives though, they can usually fit so then I have to block off the doors, temporarily kick the goats out, and feed the chickens. I usually make sure they are fed 4 times a day. There is only chicken food in the house when I'm in the house and the goats are not.

I wish you best of luck with your goats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom