hugs.gif
. Here is some pictures of our little miracles
big_smile.png

B & B Pygmies Sunrise (doe)
B & B Pygmies Sunset (buck)
Sunrise,Sunset and Momma Sunshine
B & B Pygmies Miracle (doe) with Momma Paddy

We raise NPGA pygmy goats. you can see them all at bbpygmy.com

Well the first kids have fallen. I have been waiting on this one jenny to foal but not so far. But as I was walking on a trail I as some afterbirth on the trail. I have thinking oh goody she must have foaled a stillborn one. But then I started looking around and I saw a lil lil white (rabbit size) thing. As I started to walk over there IT start to beat. It was a lil bitty all white billy kid. So I looked around to see if there were more and yes there was one laying about 50ft from me. So I scooped up the one and went to the other one but it was dead... Well I call Caden and we got all the goats in (about 30) and started looking for blood and so on. While doing all this I put the lil kid in a dog house. Well we were getting to the end and I saw a yearling doe over there licking and nursing the little guy!!! Well mission accomplished! It is very rare for a yearling to kidded with twins us they are still growing. So tonight I sorted all the goats again an I an keeping the ones that should kid any time in a smaller pasture.

new to the goat topic forum - we're newbies in the goat business and our doe is pregnant. (we have two boer goats) We think she is getting close but don't really have a due date. Her udder is full but it has been for a couple of weeks at least. Today she has some white discharge coming from her vulva but not a long string of it or anything and she keeps rubbing her bum on the fence, which she's never done before. She's been eating everything she can put in her mouth the last few days, too. Could this be a sign she is getting ready for labor?

Do you know how to check her tail ligaments? Google "how to check ligaments on a goat" and you will get all kinds of video and image returns that will show you.
Missing ligaments are another good sign of impending labor.
And good luck and how exciting! If you have any other kidding questions, let us know!

Back
Top Bottom