Lets talk about goats!

And since I am posting pictures of him .. The other day both bucks were aggressively trying to mount him. I mean they were relentless like he was a doe in heat. He's a whether and luckily bigger than both bucks so he was able to fend them off... But what caused the behavior? That's the first time that has happened as far as I know.

That's very odd but I have no conclusion.Maybe just to show dominance? Our dogs do that.

I suppose it could have been a dominance thing. Just with him being so much bigger than them and the fact they've never displayed this behavior before bewildered me. Usually their dominance displays is pushing each other around. This looked exactly the way they stay after a doe in heat. Not that it's a big deal, it was just a curious moment.

I will see if I can get some more pictures of the playground. I have posted several in this thread but there's no telling how far back they are now and it might be a pain to find them.

I suppose it could have been a dominance thing. Just with him being so much bigger than them and the fact they've never displayed this behavior before bewildered me. Usually their dominance displays is pushing each other around. This looked exactly the way they stay after a doe in heat. Not that it's a big deal, it was just a curious moment.

I will see if I can get some more pictures of the playground. I have posted several in this thread but there's no telling how far back they are now and it might be a pain to find them.

I plan on building my goats a bigger play area during the summer right now they have a few play slide

Last edited:
Looking to add a Pygmy wether (or 2) to the farm. They'd be pets and 4H projects. We have a 16' x 16' pen plus building for them. They'd have tons of attention and love. Stuff to jump on and play with. Be let out of the pen regularly (while we are outside) and fed high quality goat feed, hay and mineral block. Is there anyone in Central Illinois that would have a wether available within the next couple of months? If so, could you post pics and prices or PM me?? Thanks

Hey, all!
I'm going to get a Pygmy Wether! I'm so excited and I love goats so much! I've never had goats so I don't know what to expect.

Can I join???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom