Lets talk about goats!

finally i got my second goat today! yay!!
this is Napoleon he is my nigerian dwarf bottle baby he is alittle over 2 months
and this is his brother britus who will be renamed alexander! as we are going for a little men in big history theme! lol

they are so happy to be together again and we are so happy to have him finally join us!!
Nice!

Awesome! I love the theme!
love.gif

[COLOR=333333]Getting these two does in milk tomorrow. Will take better pics. :weee [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
The top picture has some nice show qualities. How is the udder? I'm not sure if you got them for showing, or if you have kids, but would be a nice 4H project! Congrats on a nice buy! ND, right?

They are very nice, healthy looking little ones. Thank you for getting two to start with. It doesn't seem like rocket science, but with goats being herd animals, it is critical they be kept in pairs or more for their well being.

I have a nice size herd, and only buy in pairs. I made the mistake of buying a single one and my little sweeties became attack goats, and bullied my new one. If left alone, they would have killed her. After a terrible month of transition, I will NEVER EVER buy a single again. They all came from the same herd but about 6 months had passed. They must have forgotten each other I guess...

I have a question, our little goats have both been or in the process of being castrated. Both are males, but our older one has been insistent on mounting the younger one. The older is 17 weeks, the younger 10 weeks. Is anything I can do to stop this behavior? Thanks in advance.

The top picture has some nice show qualities.
How is the udder?
I'm not sure if you got them for showing, or if you have kids, but would be a nice 4H project!
Congrats on a nice buy!
ND, right?

No showing. Don't have time lol. Utters aren't very big right now. Her first freshening. Small teats. Lol

Back
Top Bottom