Lets talk about goats!

OK here the recipe for the goat feed some one gave me 2 parts barley, two parts crimped oats, one part black oil sunflowrer seeds, one part calf manna. This is suppose to equal out to 14% protien. Now my question is could I increase the protien to 28% so my birds could have it and if so how and could the chickens, ducks, quail, turkeys, geese have the calf manna if not I plan on keeping each ingredient in a separate container so I can mix small batches for the different needs of each animal. And how high of a protien is safe for the goats?

Last edited:
It is actually recommended to give the doe a shot one month before she is due to help build antibodies and then give the kid a dose at 6 weeks.
Just a comment. Because I lived in an area of the country where entero was so very common, it wasn't safe to depend on the immunity conferred to the kid from its mother's colostrum. On the advice of our vets, we gave our kids a shot of CD/T the day they were born and then again every three weeks or so until they were four months of age. After that they got an annual booster.

Just a comment. Because I lived in an area of the country where entero was so very common, it wasn't safe to depend on the immunity conferred to the kid from its mother's colostrum.  On the advice of our vets, we gave our kids a shot of CD/T the day they were born and then again every three weeks or so until they were four months of age. After that they got an annual booster.
Hi, thank you. How did you know what to give the kids?

Back
Top Bottom