Lets talk about goats!

No not at all we live up in the mountains we have had a lot of snow so no need for anything like that. I have the other baby inside my house right now as I am afraid to put her outside.

No not at all we live up in the mountains we have had a lot of snow so no need for anything like that. I have the other baby inside my house right now as I am afraid to put her outside.
Did you bottle feed them? Goats are not weaned at five weeks. I would never sell a kid that young. In fact, i dont sell them untill I know they are at least several months old. The person you bought them from may be one of those folks that buys them at auction and resells them. If it is cold out and you have no other goats it is probably best to keep it inside. Goats will huddle to keep warm.

Last edited:
The are bottle fed babies - I fed them last night and they ate with no problems. The seller said he has a herd of 34 and had several babies he was selling. I will not buy anymore from him as I can only feel as if she was sick when we got them. So far the other one is fine. She drank her bottle with no problems and is now sleeping peacefully in my arms. I can't help but be scared for her though.

The are bottle fed babies - I fed them last night and they ate with no problems. The seller said he has a herd of 34 and had several babies he was selling. I will not buy anymore from him as I can only feel as if she was sick when we got them. So far the other one is fine. She drank her bottle with no problems and is now sleeping peacefully in my arms. I can't help but be scared for her though.
If he has 34 goats momma is probably dead. I never bottle feed. I dont do much except watch the newborn untill she gets her first nursing and then let them run. I may clear the airway and help if needed. But I net nature run its course. Nature does a much better job than I ever could.

I had goats before we moved here but they were weaned. We could not bring them with us when we moved so we have them to a good home. I have not bottle fed before and can not think of anything that could have happened to cause her death. I will be looking for another so Anna is not alone but I will be selective as to where we get one.

are you feeding her formula and how often? I was feeding mine that and she developed diarrhea and from what I researched is dangerous for baby goats and everyone I talked to said to feed wholecows milk every four hours for my girls age. Is her but clean from what I read also the momma goat some times has to clean it off in order for them to go.

If he has 34 goats momma is probably dead. I never bottle feed. I dont do much except watch the newborn untill she gets her first nursing and then let them run. I may clear the airway and help if needed. But I net nature run its course. Nature does a much better job than I ever could.
I dissagree most down where I live sale goat that aren't wean and need to be bottle feed I got my two girls at two days old, my big at three months all needing bottle feeding.

Back
Top Bottom