Lets talk about goats!

So my vet isn't equipped to do lancing? So he gave me a number for someone in town that can. Going in tomorrow morning. Anyone have a general idea of how much lancing will cost me? Just curious still new to the goats and have no idea what I'm looking at.

So my vet isn't equipped to do lancing? So he gave me a number for someone in town that can. Going in tomorrow morning. Anyone have a general idea of how much lancing will cost me? Just curious still new to the goats and have no idea what I'm looking at.

Isn't equipped to do lancing? I have never heard of any vet not being equipped to do that. Even I could do it.

Isn't equipped to do lancing? I have never heard of any vet not being equipped to do that. Even I could do it.

Yeah I find that strange too but oh well I suppose? But I would think lancing is an easy task and minimal equipment, really just a knife, not like not being equipped to do surgery.. maybe they just don't like lancing and get grossed out so they don't do it?

Where do you guys find goats? I just looked on Craigslist for the first time in forever and I did find quite a few (kidding season??) but they're all either not quite what I want or too far away. :/ I guess I could travel a little but am hoping to find something closer

Where do you guys find goats? I just looked on Craigslist for the first time in forever and I did find quite a few (kidding season??) but they're all either not quite what I want or too far away.
hmm.png
I guess I could travel a little but am hoping to find something closer

Are you on any farm sell pages on fb?

Where do you guys find goats? I just looked on Craigslist for the first time in forever and I did find quite a few (kidding season??) but they're all either not quite what I want or too far away. :/ I guess I could travel a little but am hoping to find something closer
I got mine from dairy farms near me(near me being 45 minutes one way)

That is strange that a vet is not able to do lancing. Sorry I am of no help as I have no experience with CL. I would just go to the people they told you to.

​Are you on any farm sell pages on fb?

I am not but I'll have to look

I got mine from dairy farms near me(near me being 45 minutes one way)

Hmm, yeah most of them seem about at least a half hour to an hour away or even more. That's not too bad but I'm curious if I can find any closer. If not, that's fine. The problem is a lot of them are several hours away too :/

Back
Top Bottom