Lets talk about goats!

One of my boys had a runny nose and watery eyes at about 3 weeks old- I got some VetRX and rubbed it under his nose and in his nostrils a couple times a day and it cleared up pretty quickly. As well as added ACV to the water for his little immune system

IMG_3499.JPG
IMG_4084.JPG
IMG_4119.JPG
Ok, so here is my dilemma;
I have two Nubian/Boer crosses. They are EXTREMELY LOUD. I got them for my twelfth birthday last year. So they are over a year now. They are sweet and gentle but they make your ears BLEED!!! They won't stop SCREAMING!!! We want to breed them this fall but we were thinking of breeding them to a quieter breed. We were thinking lamancha? Would breeding them to a quiet breed help? If so would you recommend a Lamancha? (It would be a pretty funny looking cross) Oh, one more thing, would a lamancha/Nubian have good milk? We were told Nubians were moody and have sweet milk one day then goaty the next and that Lamanchas have good creamy milk. Is this true?

Not sure on your breeding question- but as far as the bleeting, are they bored? Do you have toys for them to play on and a jungle gym for them? I know bored goats can be very loud!

Not sure on your breeding question- but as far as the bleeting, are they bored? Do you have toys for them to play on and a jungle gym for them? I know bored goats can be very loud!
They have tires and a teeter totter. They also have and igloo that they like to jump on. But they don't play with the tires much. That could be it. I will have to look into getting them "goat toys."

View attachment 556500 View attachment 556503 View attachment 556504 Ok, so here is my dilemma;
I have two Nubian/Boer crosses. They are EXTREMELY LOUD. I got them for my twelfth birthday last year. So they are over a year now. They are sweet and gentle but they make your ears BLEED!!! They won't stop SCREAMING!!! We want to breed them this fall but we were thinking of breeding them to a quieter breed. We were thinking lamancha? Would breeding them to a quiet breed help? If so would you recommend a Lamancha? (It would be a pretty funny looking cross) Oh, one more thing, would a lamancha/Nubian have good milk? We were told Nubians were moody and have sweet milk one day then goaty the next and that Lamanchas have good creamy milk. Is this true?
They could just be in heat causing them to be loud. I think crossing them with a Nigerian dwarf would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom