Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Yes I own 5+!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No but I want to some day!

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No but they interest me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hey! So I have been asked to train pigs to run around a track or a maze. Does anyone know how to? I have zero experience with pigs. Thought I would give it try on thisThread. Thanks!

Use treats. Pigs are definitely driven by their stomachs. When we first got ours, they wanted nothing to do with us. But, after they figured out we brought the food, they're excited to see us now. I can call "here pig, pig" and they'll come running from wherever they happen to be in our 14 acre pasture.
They're really smart. I'd think you could use treats and positive reinforcement just like you would with a dog. Good luck!

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] a few pictures of some of our pigs! Piglets free range with everyone else until mom calls to eat! I included a picture of daddy in with our breeder boar (Porky) and an in heat sow (Makin). He is a great boar we can do just about anything we need to with him and he don't mind a bit.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] a few pictures of some of our pigs! Piglets free range with everyone else until mom calls to eat! I included a picture of daddy in with our breeder boar (Porky) and an in heat sow (Makin). He is a great boar we can do just about anything we need to with him and he don't mind a bit.

Back
Top Bottom