Let's Talk With Some Weirdos

Pics
Drunk Will Smith GIF by IFC
Chris Rock should have watched this before

He is not even disgusting to me, he just makes me sad. I at least hope that his face does not hurt.
His face should not hurt. The caruncles on a Muscovy remind me of the wen on certain varieties of goldfish. In some instances, those fish undergo surgery to remove some of the growth.
1675784522735.jpeg
1675784528796.jpeg

Me three.
Me four. :)
Graham Mctavish Reaction GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

If I wanted Calls with long bills and necks, I'd buy mallards. That's the whole point of a Call duck. Rubber ducky look.
I'm sure English bulldog and French bulldog breeders say the same thing about why the breed looks like it does. The whole point of a Call duck was to be used as a live decoy to "call in" wild ducks for hunting. Small size for transport was preferable and so was a loud voice. Considering the birds were anchored with weights and often left on the pond when hunting was done to slowly starve to death (because humans are terrible people), something tells me the time and energy invested into those birds is nothing like the care we have to take now to get the SQ calls to hatch and live.

I'm not saying they aren't adorable. I am saying it's stupid to breed for a trait so extreme it effects their ability to reproduce and thrive, which, coincidentally, is like the opposite of natural selection. Short beaks and necks aren't viable in a wild population and wouldn't have hatched.
I just want a duck that would quack and eat bugs.
Muscovy don't quack which is another nice thing. They hiss and grunt.
I'll admit the extreme on the SQ drakes is absurd. Common barnyard Muscovy don't look anything like that.
The way they wag their little tales is adorable 😍
They really are super cute.
But my hubby was born in - you guessed it - 1969.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
That's the last two digits of my phone number.
Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

P
His face should not hurt. The caruncles on a Muscovy remind me of the wen on certain varieties of goldfish. In some instances, those fish undergo surgery to remove some of the growth.
View attachment 3398367View attachment 3398368

Me four. :)

I'm sure English bulldog and French bulldog breeders say the same thing about why the breed looks like it does. The whole point of a Call duck was to be used as a live decoy to "call in" wild ducks for hunting. Small size for transport was preferable and so was a loud voice. Considering the birds were anchored with weights and often left on the pond when hunting was done to slowly starve to death (because humans are terrible people), something tells me the time and energy invested into those birds is nothing like the care we have to take now to get the SQ calls to hatch and live.

I'm not saying they aren't adorable. I am saying it's stupid to breed for a trait so extreme it effects their ability to reproduce and thrive, which, coincidentally, is like the opposite of natural selection. Short beaks and necks aren't viable in a wild population and wouldn't have hatched.

Muscovy don't quack which is another nice thing. They hiss and grunt.

I'll admit the extreme on the SQ drakes is absurd. Common barnyard Muscovy don't look anything like that.

They really are super cute.

That's the last two digits of my phone number.
Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS
I love those goldfish. I think I might try some when I get my own place and can dedicate a big enough tank to them. The lemon head colors are my favorite

Ughhh. I wasn't able to shower all of myself this morning before work, just my hair. I feel disgusting. I hate it so much. I cannot wait to get home and boil myself like a lobster in the shower.
While you feel disgusting, the most disgusting thing is that you probably still look fantastic.

Ughhh. I wasn't able to shower all of myself this morning before work, just my hair. I feel disgusting. I hate it so much. I cannot wait to get home and boil myself like a lobster in the shower.
random thoughts again. Are you sure you want to share this, you unclean heathen?

We are in public...

Back
Top Bottom