Let's Talk With Some Weirdos

Pics
What's wrong with the youth is the parents that were raised with time out chairs and participation trophies are now trying to parent these guys. Not working out so well is it?
I had a time-out chair. Not that I could sit in it without crying in pain, but I had one. 😏

I'm not sure that's the best way to educate them 😂

I used to work with kids, as satisfying as these punishments would be, there are better ways. Such as showing them how dangerous and destructive fire can be (Not with their stuff 🤣)
Besides, I'm confused how this even happened!! What did they set fire with??
Okay so let me clarify in the process of burning said precious toy that belongs to my child I would also explain to them the dangers of fire and explain to them why they're most precious toy is now being turned to Ash because of said action they took or he took or she took in school my mom was the same way if we didn't put our toys back where they came from when we were done playing with them she took them away gave them away and I can tell you we learned real fast that if you want something and you want to keep it you need to take care of it

Okay so let me clarify in the process of burning said precious toy that belongs to my child I would also explain to them the dangers of fire and explain to them why they're most precious toy is now being turned to Ash because of said action they took or he took or she took in school my mom was the same way if we didn't put our toys back where they came from when we were done playing with them she took them away gave them away and I can tell you we learned real fast that if you want something and you want to keep it you need to take care of it
I had a friend that enjoyed fire so much he burned his own toys. Wonder if that would work.

But then again, the crowd I hug out with at school wasn't the "in" crowd either. I was a young curmugdeon. This crowd was much more open minded.

For me, they are like a frequent flyer program. If I earn enough, I can go wherever I want. 😎
440496796-groucho-marx-quotes-21.jpg

I would do it with squeaky toys. Let the kids hear the toys scream in anguish as they melted and tell them that that sound will never leave their heads. Teach them young that toys can feel and hear, and they will not be able to stand the sounds of others in pain.

This garbage was done to me. I start to hyperventilate now when a babe starts crying from falling over or anything that made him/her hurt. Personification of inanimate objects for the win. 😅

I would do it with squeaky toys. Let the kids hear the toys scream in anguish as they melted and tell them that that sound will never leave their heads. Teach them young that toys can feel and hear, and they will not be able to stand the sounds of others in pain.

This garbage was done to me. I start to hyperventilate now when a babe starts crying from falling over or anything that made him/her hurt. Personification of inanimate objects for the win. 😅
:hugs

What's wrong with the youth is the parents that were raised with time out chairs and participation trophies are now trying to parent these guys. Not working out so well is it?
On a serious note, time outs work great, if accompanied with good parenting in general, strong routines, etc. You cant let a child get away with insane things and then put them in a two minute time out and wonder why it isnt working. They're shaped by the amount of attention, and the amount of discipline they get, 6 year olds aren't inherently evil (sometimes hard to believe 😂)

Jokes aside, hitting kids doesn't teach them why not to do something. It just teaches them fear. Some argue fear teaches respect, I disagree. Disrespecting a child doesn't teach respect. Every badly behaved I've met, has either had learning disabilities and needs specific methods of discipline, or has had less than good parents. I've been abused by people, never once earned respect.
You can disagree, but that's my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom