Letting the chicks outside

amaliayosa

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Blue Ridge Mountains, NC
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. It is supposed to be in the 70's here Friday (YAY) I was thinking about letting the chicks out for about half hour in the sun. Their brooder is 82 right now. Think that would be ok?

It's in the 70's here right now and I'm watching my babies through the window. I had them outside a few days ago for several hours.

They didn't seem chilled and played the whole time. Right now they are chasing each other around and jumping from one side of the pen to the other.

I have some 1 week old babies and 14, two week olds. Just keep an eye on them and they'll let you know when they're ready to come in.

It is in the high 70's here and I took my 6 day old chicks out today for the first time. They were in a small pen situated in a sunny spot and I shaded a section of it with a box top. Interestingly enough even though the temp is cooler than in the brooder they seemed to prefer the shady side. They were perfectly content, noone complained a bit about the temp. It is so much fun to watch them, be sure to take your camera out too for lots of pics!

Back
Top Bottom