LG egg question

astronoc

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Noob here so right away I will say pardon me if I ask something that its already out there. I did search but there is a lot of information out there and i couldnt easily find the answers.

I bought an LG incubator and its all set up. My question is, once the hen lays the egg, how much time do I have to get them in the incubator? What is the cut off point on the maximum days. I.e. I have an egg and wait 10 days before putting it in the incubator. Will it still hatch?

Also, when do I start counting the days until the egg hatches? Is it after the hen laid the egg or after I put them in the incubator?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions!

Last edited:
You can put the egg in the bator anywhere from 12 hours to up to 30 days or more. Eggs lose vitality after 10 days but some of us have hatched eggs that sat in the refrigerator for 20 days.

As for the day my technique is to place the egg in the bator at night and call the next day day 1. If you place the egg at 8PM tonight then Monday is day 1. Eggs don't hatch exactly at 21 days so it's not too important.

Everything you ever wanted to know about a Little Giant: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32402&p=1

Back
Top Bottom