LG incubator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jackrooster, Oct 14, 2010.

1. jackrooster

jackrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    Do i pull the red plug out of the top when i start incubating?? and i should i just fill the water well or should i put a little bowl of water for the humidity?? I havent had a good hatch rate with the auto egg turner and just putting water in the well.....can someone help??

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I have the LG incubator but its a waste of time and money:rant thats why im getting a new incubator and u take 1 plug out during the incubation then during the hatch take both plugs out and fill the water well as full as possible

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
  3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Try running it dry for the first 18 days an just fill it the last 3.

Google "dry hatch method"

Also add a fan if ya dont have one. http://cmfarm.us/stillair.html

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  4. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    i have a lg and the first hatch was 6 out of 7. im on my second set of eggs. i put 9 ee's and a barred rock. the barred rock was not fertilized and the 9 ee eggs are all doing fine after 15 days in bator. tuesday was day 15 and i will take out rotator tomorrow and candle again. so i think its a good bator in my opinion.

5. jackrooster

jackrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    Quote:How did you do it you just put water in the wells and used the auto turner.....and take the red plug out??

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I have one that I just hatched in. Only put 1 plug in at first put some water in the well I kept my humidity at about 45 to 50 percent til lock down and after that I kept humidity at about 70 percent. I hatched 22 out of 23 eggs. They are all doing well eating drinking poop machines [​IMG] kept temps at about 99 to 100 all way through. Do you have a fan or still heat? I kept 4 thermometers in mine so I was sure of temps and 2 had humidity reading on it. The main problem I had was the humidity you have to keep a watch on it. At lockdown take both plugs out. Take egg turner out too. Hope this helps. How I put water in at lockdown was to use rubber tubing like you get for an aquarium and syringes that I got at the feed store just hook the syringe onto the tubing and squirt water into the wells. Put the tubing in when you set your incubator up. Here is a pic of some of my fuzzy butts that just hatched this last Saturday
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by