LG still air 9200

Quote:
Haha...sorry! Started with 13...added 6 from the hen...hatched 16, so technically 16 from 19. That better?
lau.gif

I have 2 of these both still air and no turners. I started hatching the begining of this year, with only shiped eggs I got anywhere from 60-100% hatches. It taught me a lot. but yes you do have have to watch the temp but once its at a good temp it will normaly stay I just learned to start mine 2-3 days before the eggs arived so I could work out the bugs temp wise.

I just started hatching again and im tring out ducks and quail so we will see how it goes.

Good luck

Last edited:
Do most of you keep the temps higher than the instructions call for in the still air model? I have probably messed up my Ameraucana hatch by setting the temp at around 100, as called for in the directions. I've been told since that for the still air model, you'd need to temp to be closer to 103. Does this jibe with everyone's experience? We have eggs right now on day 12 that are viable, and I want to keep them that way. We just tweaked the temps up based on statements here.

The temp in mine was just right, until I put eggs in it. Think I might have just freaked after opening it, and the temp dropping from that. It does pretty good with the temp. Oh yeah I bought mine with the turner at the local feed store for $49 for the bator, and $46 for the turner. Of course now a friend has a huge (like 300 egg capacity) bator for sale for $300. so might be selling one to
smile.png
. Probably just turn it into a hatcher, since I can't get my homemade one to work right.

When mine did not have the fan in it, I ran the temps closer to 101... And that was 101 according to the little glass thermometer that came with the incubator.

And IF your temps are a degree or so off, the only thing that might happen is that your hatch may be delayed slightly.

If you are keeping a steady temp, and you can keep a good level of humidity, you should be ok.

Quote:
The thermometer I have in mine shows the high and low for the day. It usually has low of 97-98, and high of 102. My eggs have all hatched early, which could be caused from high temps. Could also be that they're banties (starting to think those that said banties hatch at 19 are right). Or it could be cuz of the stupid humidity never staying right. So idk, but mine is never at 103 in a still air.

When using an LG I can't stress the importance of a wiggler. What people call BIG
temperature swings are usually their thermometers registering the heaters turning
on or off.

The key is egg temp, and that is what a wiggler tells you. An oral thermometer in
a wiggler or in a cup of water will tell egg temps. A hen maintains egg temp by contact
with her body. A broody hen is a lot more than a big puffy blanket.

Mass is also important. Putting 12 eggs in an empty still air 9200 will cause more
variances. Keeping air a stable temp is hard. It's better to put water bottles in the
empty spaces to help hold the heat.

As for humidity, like Poulets mentioned, if you put a few paper towels in the base
with a corner in the water wells it will get humidity up quick. I usually cover the
whole base, not the vent holes, with the towels and let the humidity spike. It's
easier to manage high humidity than low humidity. I use this same technique with
my Brinsea.

If you can add a fan kit it helps a lot.

And never open the bator after day 18. I have messed up a lot of eggs by being
impatient.

Last edited:
A wiggler is a kids toys, sort of a cheap party favor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eyeball-Water-W...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

By putting the thermometer in the middle, and the oral thermo you already own
for checking for fever is accurate and works well, it simulates the temp of the egg.

You can see my wiggler on the left with the cheap thermo sticking out of it. By the
way the most accurate thermos in there are the 2 round analog ones. I own
5 digitals which cost me $100 and they all s*ck.
P3080148.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom