LG still air, will the temps ever settle??

tberggren

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Ithaca NY
I am so glad I gave myself a week to get this set, at this rate it will take the whole week!! We dropped down to 96 during the night only to jump up to 102 by 10:00 am, that was due to a very slight nudge of the knob.

This afternoon I decided to set it up on two chairs with a blanket around three sides to see about blocking drafts. I don't want to stick it in a closet because I want it where I can easily check on it.

I am wondering though, if it will ever settle.
I have it in a back smallish bedroom and maybe will try covering the windows with a blanket, maybe that will help.

Please someone assure me this thing will eventually settle down!!
smile.png

Thanks everyone.

Theresa

Mine has settled down, but it still jumps around more than I would like. I don't know what to say except get a hova 1588!

How are you measuring it?

The air temperature will always vary over time. That's the nature of the heater cycling.

Many people use water wrigglers with a digital temp probe inside. This will give a much better idea of the actual temperature experienced by the eggs.

Failing that. Provided the incubator is working properly, and in decent condition, then it is vital to follow the Manufacturers instructions. They calibrated the incubator to warm the actual eggs correctly using their method

hth

I am using a water wiggler, however the LG is a borrowed one and there are no instructions.
sad.png

Will give it a couple more days.

Thanks

LGs have a method?
gig.gif
Yes I agree to use a wiggler-I would have gone nuts this past week without one. My other temps. just fluctuate too much, but my wiggler stays within the 99.5-100.5 range. I do have to give the knob a bump 1-2 times a day though. I am so getting a hova!

My LG still air is VERY affected by surrounding temps. I put mine in the pantry in the middle of my home-literally- no windows, draft, heat, anything and it finally settled. although it does drop down a bit at night, if you leave it be, it comes back around.

My still air is effected by the change in air temp overnight, so I'm upping the temp in that part of the house so that's it is not that much lower overnight. I'm hoping that it works. Maybe this will help you too?
idunno.gif

It would drop to 95 overnight sometimes, even in the pantry. I covered it at night with a towel and it helped control it. By noon it wuold be back up to temp and stable.

Also, abotu 2 weeks in, you might see a spike in your temps when the chickens start producing heat on their own. i always did.....

Back
Top Bottom