Lice and Broody Hen - What do I do?

The best advice is already posted. Permethrin products are going to kill on contract, and rid you of your infestation. As far as I know, nothing else will do the trick once an infestation is established.
I had a few birds with minor lice several months back. I did not hesitate to use Permethrin immediately on all birds, nesting boxes, walls of coop, ground, etc. Lice are gone, and I still have enough Permethrin to last me a million years. Hopefully I don't have to use it.

The best advice is already posted. Permethrin products are going to kill on contract, and rid you of your infestation. As far as I know, nothing else will do the trick once an infestation is established.
I had a few birds with minor lice several months back. I did not hesitate to use Permethrin immediately on all birds, nesting boxes, walls of coop, ground, etc. Lice are gone, and I still have enough Permethrin to last me a million years. Hopefully I don't have to use it.
But what about the eggs and the forming chicks? If I didn’t have that going on I wouldn’t hesitate.

Back
Top Bottom