Life Abundance dog food

If you CAN afford it, do buy one of the better grain-free foods. Most of the foods you buy in the grocery store (as well as in some of the chain pet foods) are nothing but pure garbage, grain and by-products, and very little nutrients that dogs need. I feed my dogs a high end food and I agree with what others have said here, - though I pay upwards of $65 for a 28 pound bag, even with 3 dogs it lasts a lot longer than a cheaper brand because they don't have to eat as much. A 28 pound bag normally lasts a little longer than 2 weeks with 3 medium size dogs. Also much less poop, less gas, and no problems with picky glands.

If you have a Costco near by, check and see if they have "Natures Domain" dog food. It is $30 for 35 lbs.

I have a cocker spaniel and a chihuahua-mutt, it takes them 2.5 months to go through that much food, or about $13 a month to feed both.

Great choice Country!! That shows you really care!
hugs.gif

When I was a teenager, we had 4 Jack Russells (Rosie is still with my mom, and I have a pup)... Rosie was a great frisbee dog and even competed some. We ended up breeding her (registered dogs with pre-selected homes) and not only did we feed the adults the BARF diet, we weaned all the puppies on it as well! It was so adorable watching the babies run around with their little chicken wings!
love.gif

All of the buyers who have kept in touch over the years (10) have commented on their dogs good health and good teeth. I really think it did a lot for them. My current puppy, Eli, who I got from a breeder, was weaned off on to Purina, and the lady tried to convince me to use it! No way! In the very first week I had him and had not started switching him over to the better food, I realised he has a food allergy... and I blame that junk she fed him. So now I have to be VERY careful what I feed him. I couldnt even feed him meat, cooked or otherwise, because it gave him the runs like crazy.
A dogs natural diet is meat and the greens from the animals stomach. We have noticed in humans that when we move away from natural foods is when we develop health issues such as diabetes... is it soooo very strange that it would be the same for our dogs?
Imagine, Country... you'll never have to worry about brushing your dogs teeth or stinky dog breath!

Ps- If you ever find yourself in need of an intermediate food, Nutro is pretty good.. no corn at least and some quality ingredients. They have changed the recipe in Solid Gold and its not as great as it used to be, but still good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom