LIFE HACKS &REMEDIES

Myth is that they burrow into your skin but they dont. They bite and release a numbing agent that itches after they have already fed and left. The saliva remains in the bite and irratates and itches. Rubbing alcohol, witchhazel, lavender,tea tree, white pine, eucalyptus essential oil,  vaseline, benedryl cream, vicks vapor rub or toothpaste are some of the things you can use to sooth the area while you wait out the life of the saliva
Maybe true but I know that the nail polish seems to help a lot good to know that they are not in the skin though

coffee filters and white vinegar cleans glasses, computer screens, tv screens, camera lenses, etc. for electronics I spritz onto the filter instead of the screen.

Honey and cider vinegar (half and half) cures a sore throat.

rub a candle or crayon on your metal zippers on coats and they won't jam if they get wet.

baking soda on carpet, then vacuum up. Kills doggy smell and doesn't make your house smell like a funeral home.

Freeze candle holders that have wax stuck in them, then use a nut pick or awl to flip out the wax.

Baby wipes with shea butter make great makeup remover cloths - I pay $6 for 300 wipes, while the same thing packaged as makeup remover is $7 for 25-30 cloths. The baby wipes are bigger and thicker too.

Great ideas :) I hope to have a few pages here to help everyone
$10 will buy you roughly 20 gallons of washing detergent if you make it yourself here's how (tried and tested I use this all the time)

3 TBLS BORAX SOUP POWDER
3 TBLS washing soda
2 TBLS original dawn
2 cups Very hot water
Shake or stir till dissolved
Add remaining water to equal
1 gallon of detergent let cool
Works cleans and smells GREAT :)

Last edited:
There was just a post on FB about using dryer lint and turning it into play clay for kids... i thought it was a pretty neat idea.

Back
Top Bottom