Light Brahma over Barred Rock, able to sex??

Marion1975

Chirping
Oct 16, 2018
I'm definitely a chicken newbie but I have been trying to educate myself on maybe what I have here. I let my broody cochin hatch a baby. The daddy is a light brahma and mama is a barred rock. Are you able to know the sex of these babies from day one? Super curious as to what I have, besides an adorable baby.
20200501_092751.jpg

No, you usually can't tell when they are that young. You're going to have to wait until he/she grows some feathers and the comb and wattles start to grow. You certainly have a beautiful chick though!

No, you usually can't tell when they are that young. You're going to have to wait until he/she grows some feathers and the comb and wattles start to grow. You certainly have a beautiful chick though!
Ok thank you! I keep reading that a light spot on the head indicates a male. So Im hopeful that shes a she but it sure is fun to watch her grow and Im so happy my first ever baby hatched at home is healthy!

Ok thank you! I keep reading that a light spot on the head indicates a male. So Im hopeful that shes a she but it sure is fun to watch her grow and Im so happy my first ever baby hatched at home is healthy!
You are correct, that is a black sex link. And a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom