Light Brahma Pullets looking for that special guy

ssferret

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
Knoxville, MD
My 12 Light Brahma pullets are now 16 weeks and I am now pretty confident I have no cockerel in the bunch but I would love to find one about the same age so he can watch over the girls.

My girls aren't just chickens to me. They're part of the family and I literally spend hours a day sitting with them. He would be as cherished as them and most likely just as spoiled too.

I live right outside Brunswick, MD which is located at the point where Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia meet. We have 12 acres and and since we're rural have no problems owning a roo. I would be willing to drive a few hours for the right Light Brahma cockerel.

My 12 Light Brahma pullets are now 16 weeks and I am now pretty confident I have no cockerel in the bunch but I would love to find one about the same age so he can watch over the girls.

My girls aren't just chickens to me. They're part of the family and I literally spend hours a day sitting with them. He would be as cherished as them and most likely just as spoiled too.

I live right outside Brunswick, MD which is located at the point where Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia meet. We have 12 acres and and since we're rural have no problems owning a roo. I would be willing to drive a few hours for the right Light Brahma cockerel.

I live in Purcellville, VA and have a couple of 13-week old cockerels that need homes, but they're not Brahmas.... One is a silver phoenix and one is a silkie/cochin cross. They are both nice guys and have been hand-raised. Let me know if you're interested and I'd be happy to get them to you!

Attachments

• 2020-07-02 09.25.42.jpg
    2020-07-02 09.25.42.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2020-07-02 09.27.05.jpg
    2020-07-02 09.27.05.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey neighbor! They're beautiful birds! (I just love the expression on the one. 😁) I would love them just to have them. In fact I even told my husband that our cockerel didn't need to be a Light Brahma too. Breeding is not why we want one. But he has this thing about it needing to be another Light Brahma. I do hope you find a home for them. Thanks so much for asking. I just wish I could.

Hey neighbor! They're beautiful birds! (I just love the expression on the one. 😁) I would love them just to have them. In fact I even told my husband that our cockerel didn't need to be a Light Brahma too. Breeding is not why we want one. But he has this thing about it needing to be another Light Brahma. I do hope you find a home for them. Thanks so much for asking. I just wish I could.
Totally understand and wishing you the best of luck finding your next little roo!!

I’m in Western NY. I have this handsome fellow And a few more like him. He is 8-10 weeks old.
Lmk if I can help somehow.
View attachment 2272499View attachment 2272501View attachment 2272502

He's beautiful! 😍 But you're so far from Maryland I don't know if it's feasible. Why are all the light brahma cockerels so far away? 😭 If it weren't for the pandemic I could go up there, spend the night in a hotel, pick him up the next day and head home but I can't so wishful thinking won't help me. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Just wanted to thank everyone for trying to help me or even to say hi. I also wanted to tell you I found my cockerel. He's even the same exact age of my girls, almost 5 months. I'm picking him up Tuesday and I'm so excited! It's about a 4 hr drive but that's within the parameter I gave myself. I can do that in one day and it's worth it. He's beautiful.

00G0G_jvMHEygokmB_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

We have a wonderful dark brahma cockerel and are within driving distance. He is show quality, although still growing into his adult feathers, and has a wonderful personality. This guy is 16 weeks and has survived and protected hens through 2 (!!!) black bear attacks. He is not a bully and thus far has been kind to the hens and new chicks. We would love to find him a home with some deserving ladies. I know you said light brahmas, but I couldn’t miss the opportunity to promote this guy to you!

Attachments

• ACA35EB5-C7BD-4A45-8198-9B28A3E24025.jpeg
    ACA35EB5-C7BD-4A45-8198-9B28A3E24025.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 4
He seems to be a great guy. Handsome too. And 2 black bear attacks? Wow!

I'm afraid we did find our guy. But with an endorsement like that, I'm sure you'll find a good home for him. Good luck!

Here's my new guy.
IMG_20200807_190119.jpg

Back
Top Bottom