Light Brown Leghorn? Light Brown Leghorn Bantam?

Rooster Lover

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody knows the difference (if there is one) between Light Brown Leghorn and a Light Brown Leghorn Bantam? I have seen both written, but from pictures, I don't see the difference? Hmmm...

I'm also wondering if they are cold hearty birds. I live in MA.
Thanks

Last edited:
One would be Large Fowl, the other would be a Bantam. Bantams are usually just smaller versions of the large fowl. There should be several Leghorn threads on here to help you out more.

Quote:

I did try to look on the leghorn page, but didn't see anything about the difference of bantam Vs. Regular, or anything about colder weather!

I have done a little research on the internet elswhere...and it seems there are Bantam version of Light brown leghorn. Still not sure about colder weather survival!

They are in fact bantam versions of the large fowl as the name implies. As to cold hardiness, like other large-single-combed birds the males tend to have their combs frost bitten easily. A lot would depend on your housing but I don't have much luck getting Mediterranean males through the winter intact.

Hi, For your area the Bantam Light brown leghorns with rose comb not much frost bite in the rose comb:).

Back
Top Bottom