Light in the coop for the winter?

OK, so it is Light, not heat then?
big_smile.png

Well I live in Minnesota so heat is a definite thing that is needed but I am not going to use the heat until it is absoultely necessary!! Like when it snows, and is below 35 at night! But when it was warmer like 40's to 60's I had a regular bulb in there for extra light at night.

OK - this has been helpful! I think I'll get a light and a timer. These girls have been freeloading for long enough! If it seems to stress them out unduly, I'll rethink. Thanks everyone!

I only use natural light in my coop...but then again a) not really able to run electricty out there unless its REALLY needed, and b) I am not in it for eggs constantly. They are very much pets with breakfast making capabilities
smile.png

We have a large sunroof built in on our coop, and where it is located, in the winter they get a ton of natural light If they lay they lay....I dont want to force them into unnatural laying, cos we are happy to have eggs when ever we can get them lol We do make sure snow is cleared off the roof tho so they have the light shining thru.

Back
Top Bottom